Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement
Zhou Nutrition’s K2 MK7 with D3 supplement provides just the right amount of each essential vitamin to maximize their benefits to your bones and heart. No more, no less. Vitamin D (specifically D3, the form of Vit D you get from the sun) is essential to for properly absorbing the calcium we all know is so important as we age. Without D3, you may be missing out on benefits from the calcium in your diet.
Vitamin K2 (MK7) with D3 Supplement – Vitamin D & K Complex – Bone and Heart Health Formula – 5000 IU Vitamin D3 & 90 mcg Vitamin K2 MK-7-60 Small & Easy to Swallow Vegetable Capsules
- THE PERFECT PAIR. Most people know the benefits of vitamin D, but many don’t realize that vitamin D NEEDS vitamin K2 to maximize benefits. If you’re fighting a vitamin D deficiency, you need to supplement Vitamin K2 as well. Zhou’s K2+D3 has you covered.
- BONE SUPPORT. The ‘sunshine vitamin’ D3 helps your body absorb calcium while vitamin K2 (as MK-7, the form of K2 with the highest bioavailability) directs calcium to your bones instead of joints and arteries, where too much calcium could be problematic.
- HEALTHY HEART FORMULA. Calcification occurs when calcium has been absorbed by the body, but deposited in arteries instead of bones. This premium formula helps support the proper absorption and distribution of calcium to help support a healthy heart.
- ONLY THE BEST. Just one small, easy-to-swallow veggie capsule of K2+D3 per day provides 5000 IU of D3 and 90 mcg of K2 as MK-7, helping you support strong bones, a healthy cardiovascular system, and a strong immune system.
- WHAT SETS US APART? At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in an FDA certified facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices). Plus, we test everything at our lab in Utah, so you can be confident that you’re fueling your body with the very best.
Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement Information
Most people start taking Vitamin D3 after they experience signs of deficiency.
Signs of deficiency may include:
- “The Blues” – feeling down more than is usual – if in doubt, try this for 3 months
- Achy Bones
- “Brain Fog” – difficulty thinking clearly
- Gastro-intestinal Troubles
Those most prone to Vitamin D deficiency:
- Older Adults
- Restrictive Diets – (vegan, etc.)
- Darker Skin Tones
- Overweight Individuals
VITAMIN K2 (as MK-7)
Yes, you have heard correctly, that D3 should not be taken alone.
While Vitamin D ensures that calcium is absorbed, Vitamin K2 (specifically as MK-7, the most bioavailable form) directs it to areas of your body such as your bones, so it can be put to good use. Without K2, the calcium absorbed may be deposited in the arteries, where it can lead to other issues.
Is the MK-7 soy Based?
No. The Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement is plant-based.
What plant? [From Zho]
“Our Vitamin K2 as MK-7 is soy-free and derived from geraniol. Geraniol is the primary part of rose oil, palmarosa oil, and citronella oil. This nature-identical form of MK-7 has been extensively tested for molecular identity and bioequivalence when compared to MK-7 from fermented soybeans (natto). It is the all-trans form, thus providing a pure, biologically active form.
So,plant-based Geraniol is good. The fermented soybeans [natto] is … not as good to bad
Is Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement Vegan?
Many people claim that it is. We, however, can not confirm that although we understand why many think that it is. The manufacturer calls the supplement a “veggie capsule” and “vegetable capsules”. Vegetables imply vegan but the Zhou does not make a Vegan claim we can see. So that question you should be answered by you.
Does Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement support bone health? Long store short. We are not big fans of taking Calcium supplements. There are a few reasons for this opinion which we will not get into here. However, one of the benefits of Vitamin D3 is the increased absorption of calcium for your bone health. It is the highly bioavailable K2 which helps direct the calcium to the bones and not the joints and arteries. While the bio “traffic cop” function is hard to believe, we have heard similar claims for our over-scienced Nikken company. We believe the claim. I personally take a D3 K2 supplement for bone health.
Does Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement support heart health? Yes. Why? The term “hardening of the arteries”, it’s referring to calcification. Calcification occurs when calcium has been absorbed by the body but deposited in arteries instead of bones. The K2 directs the calcium to the bones. [See above]
Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement is in a tight race with another D3K2 supplement, MaryRuth’s Organic Vitamin D3+K2 Liquid Drops. Personally, I am taking MaryRuth’s Organic D3K2 now. The difference between these two products may or may not matter to you. \
The difference is ingredient sourcing and resulting claims. Zhou has no ingredient sourcing info we could find. So if claims like, “Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Bariatric and Celiac Friendly” are important to you, then we would recommend MaryRuth’s product linked below. If they are not important to you, then this is a great buy supported by a lot of happy customers.
Also noted is the fact that they are not misleading anyone. They are just not making claims they probably should not make.
The Amazon Review stats are almost the exact same, however, Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement comes with the Amazon #1 Seller award.
For ingredient sourcing concerns, we would recommend MaryRuth’s Organic Vitamin D3+K2 Liquid Drops Supplement because of the “Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Bariatric and Celiac Friendly” claims of that product.
We like ingredient sourcing information so we rate Zhou Vitamin K2 MK7 with D3 Supplement with (4 / 5) which is lower than the Amazon average rating for the product (4.8 / 5).