Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – Review and Rating
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes are currently ranked #1 three different Amazon Beauty categories. With a product so popular how could we not review it and give it a health risk score?
Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes Refill effectively dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and make-up ;even waterproof mascara ;for clean, fresh skin in one easy step. These gentle, ultra soft cloths contain superior cleansing technology so effective it removes even waterproof mascara. With one step, it leaves skin thoroughly clean with no heavy residue, so there’s no need to rinse. And it’s gentle enough to use around the sensitive eye area, even for contact lens wearers. Make your skin make-up free the easy way.
On the surface, Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes look like one best skin products we have reviewed to date. But let’s poke under the hood and see what we find.
This product carries a very familiar Amazon warranty statement. We looked on the product’s webpage, but could not easily find a warranty statement. However, we did find a 30-day refund policy and a Customer Service Department phone number to answer questions and give information.
Total Amazon Reviews – 791
Verified Purchase Reviews – 92%
Percent of Positive 5 and 4 Star Reviews – 91%
Number of Positive reviews – 720
Percent of Negative 1 and 2 Star Reviews – 6%
Number of Negative reviews – 47
Average Amazon Rating (4.6 / 5) BeHealthyBeMore.com Rating (1 / 5) Read to find out why.
The 91% positive reviews are an excellent rate of happy customers. That number is even more relevant because it came from a 92% verified purchase rate.
Even more impressive are the reviews themselves. Most of the reviews use absolute terms. “Best invention ever.” “I love these makeup remover towelettes.” “These are amazing.” “These makeup wipes remove everything so easily it’s like magic.” Almost 70 pages of happy customers making very positive statements.
This brand has an army of loyal users who love the product. It is an inspiration to see.
Adding up the Positive and the Negative, No red flags so far.
Negative 1 and 2-star reviews only accounted for 6%. While not the best we have seen; it is still very respectable and falls inside of the zone of ‘stuff happens.’ While it is not pleasant for the people who experience the negative aspects of stuff, you seem to have a 94% chance of being a happy customer of Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. With the phone number on the return policy page, it looks like the 6% can call and talk to a human.
There were a few comments which caught our eye.
1. Packets were dry or outdated. We can only speculate the cause of this. If you find this condition, call and raise some heck at the return desk we linked above.
2. A few comment mentioned the fragrance of the makeup remover and wondered why a strong fragrance was needed. Indeed. This product triggered a special health risk group because of the fragrance.
First, we start with the low-risk ingredients. The longer the green bar, the better. This list represents no to low risk.
The next group is ingredients which pose a moderate health risk. An orange bar is never as good as a green bar. The longer the orange bar, the less the risk. Longer orange bars are better than shorter ones. The fewer the number of orange bars the better.
Orange bars with the world ‘Trace’ after the ingredient name can pose more serious threats at a level we can not state for sure. These Trace ingredients will be discussed in a topic by itself.
More information on the Toxic 12 List[/fusion_text][fusion_text]
The last group are the High-Risk Ingredients. If any high-risk Ingredients are found, our rating rules automatically trigger and ‘Not Recommended’ label.
Trace ingredients are usually synthetic chemicals which are made in containers used for other chemicals. This is where the contamination typically occurs.
We can not state for sure if the ingredient does carry trace chemicals, but the scientific studies used the ratings indicate the frequency of contamination as “significant” and should be noted.
This section now measures health threat. The longer the red bar, the more toxic with increased health threat the ingredient is.
Two ingredients carried Trace warnings:
Secret ingredients are legal for the fragrance of a product. It has something to do with ‘Trade Secrets’ which we can respect. However, fragrances can be some of the most toxic ingredients on any ingredient list. As such, terms meaning fragrance can be a hiding place for some pretty bad ingredients.
Our rating rules trigger an automatic 7% drop in the health score for Non-Trusted companies. Many companies will show a commitment to healthy ingredients while others do not. Trusted sources only receive 2% drop in the health Score.
Adding it up
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes Health Score of 63
We say that knowing how popular the product is. BeHealthyBeMore.com is concerned about the toxicity and the health score of any products ingredient list.
Certain conditions trigger certain scoring rules we follow. We issue our results to:
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes are popular, but in our opinion, the ingredients pose a credible health threat to the consumer. We can not recommend you buy this ingredient list.
We recommend you find an ingredient healthier and safer to use.
BeHealthyBemore.com Rating for:
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes is (1 / 5)