Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review
In our Nikken Pimag Waterfall review, we found it just may be the best water to drink. What we found will probably surprise you.
The Nikken Pimag Waterfall is unique because it does not focus on just one particular attribute of the best water to drink. The Nikken Pimag Waterfall is designed to produce healthy water the body wants and can use right away. Nikken uses the term; Science Replicates Nature. So it would seem Nikken created the Nikken Pimag Waterfall to replicate more natural water like our ancestors drank.
If you read our article “What is Healthy Drinking Water?”, one of our definitions of healthy water was to find water which was as close as possible to the water our ancestors drank before the need for man to get involved with water distribution.
The Pi in Nikken PiMag Waterfall
Pi water, meaning ‘life’ water, was discovered in the 1970s. The observation of the effect of water led scientists to one particular Japanese valley where the water stream had a remarkable impact on the plants and trees in the area.
Nikken scientists set out to create a water filter to duplicate the conditions they found in that valley. Nikken wanted to provide water filtration to reduce and eliminate contaminants the same way nature does without adding chlorine or other chemicals.
They added mineral properties they found in the valley to the filter. Then they added a magnetic field to assist in reducing mineral buildup. This helps to condition the water.
Finally, the water sits in and flows around mineral stones to add minerals to help the body health. The resulting water was quickly called ‘Pi Water’ or Water of Life.
It should note we can not find any test certification on the Pi Material in the Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration, except for the claims for passing the NSF standards mentioned above.
[2020 UPDATE: The Nikken PiMag Waterfall has been independently certified by the Water Quality Association [WQA]. When it was, we posted a very long list of some terrifying chemicals which the filter cleaned. Since then, the filter did not change, but Nikken is now a member of the WQA, so we can not use the words “independently certified.”]
The PiMag Water Filtration System
Nikken uses some proprietary technology and media to produce healthy drinking water. The advanced filtration technology meets or exceeds filtered water NSF water standards:
- 42 [Aesthetics],
- 53 [Health],
- 372, [No Lead]
The filtration is natural without adding chemicals. We will discuss the filtration more a little later.
The system uses a ring magnet of 1,200 gausses to reduce sediment clumping and build up as it helps to condition the water without adding salt.
The PiMag Waterfall filter is a gravity-fed system of multiple filters. Those filters clean out a broad range of tap water contaminants. The filter employs a natural carbon which captures microscopic particles. The charcoal carbon works by absorption. With the high amount of surface area, charcoal carbon makes it an extremely efficient filter.
The water then flows over spheres of Pi ceramic material with the final stage a bed of mineral stones “based on the agitation/fumble filtration provided in naturally-clean streams.” source.
The ceramic in these filters also help to filter out pharmaceuticals which are showing up in water sources.
Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review – Fiction or Science?
We know this sounds like fiction you find in fairy tales, but the Nikken PiMag Waterfall has a lot of science to back up, so read on.
42 is called the Aesthetic Standard, mostly concerned with the smell and taste of the water. It does not deal with the health properties of water. Standard 42 is what you find in Refrigerators, and most Pitcher type filtering systems and is only concerned with making the water look and taste better. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration Exceeds this standard.
53 is called the Health standard. It is designed to filter out heavy metals, including arsenic, cadmium, copper, selenium, and many others. Standard 53 also will filter out inorganics such as fluoride, nitrate, and nitrite. It also targets VOC’s or Volatile Organic Compounds formed when chlorine combines with water. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration Exceeds this standard.
273 is low lead compliance, so crucial to human health and especially children. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration Exceeds this standard.
If interested in more info on Lead, search the Internet using Flint and Lead.
Using just a basic pool or spa chlorine/acidity tester you can buy at most hardware or pool/spa supply stores, we found a consistent value around 8.5 pH. We tested all kinds of water from bottled water to tap water from different cities as the source water, and the results were very consistent. That pH value is very healthy.
The benefits of Minerals in Water:
- Weight loss or management – water contains no calories and is fat-free
- Improves bone health
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower LDL cholesterol
- Aid Digestion
- Maintain Muscle Performance
- Maintain Electrolyte Balance
- Reduce Kidney Stone Risk
- Better your skin
- Help break down waste materials in the body
- Help cleanse the body of toxins
Testimonials & Videos
No Nikken PiMag Water Review would be complete without the boring details and legal stuff.
Availability: the US and Canada
Weight: 6.6 lb or 3 kg
Fill tank: 1.32 gallons or 5 liters
Supply Tank: 1.45 gallons or 5.5 liters
Materials Used in Product: Recyclable polymer, Pi Material, mineral stones, ring magnet of 1,200 gauss
Filter Cartridge 90 Days or 900 liters (237 Gallons)
Flow Meter Battery Replacement: Use a CR2032 battery or equivalent
Warranty Information: One-year limited warranty
Disclaimers and Warnings
The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after use in this product. We recommend use with potable water only.
CAUTION: Use with cold water only. This product contains silver used to inhibit the growth of bacteria in the filter to prolong the life of the filter. Silver has low toxicity to humans but is highly toxic to fish and other aquatic life. This product is designed to reduce objectionable tastes, odors, colors, aesthetic chlorine, chloramines, VOCs and mercury from municipally treated tap water.
Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review | Thoughts and Summary
In our research, we heard some common themes of both pets and children preferring the PiMag Waterfall water to almost anything. Many parents told us how their children would ask for water more so than soda.
The Recyclable polymer is certified to be non-toxic, BPA, Phthalates, and Bisphenol free; which is very cool.
Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review – Finally, a water filter system with straightforward honesty what it filters. In our opinion, it builds a lot of trust and speaks about the company.
Another beautiful thing we see in this system is the intention to give this water the structure of natural water. Nikken wanted your body to recognize this as natural water. The Pi material, the mineral stones, and the magnetic field all represent the natural state of water flowing downstream.
This natural water effect could account for the stories of pets and children naturally preferring the PiMag water. Plants love the minerals in the water.
We asked Nikken if they ever planned to produce an under-counter model, and the answer was quick and assured, “No.” Why? Water is a solvent. If it sits in a tube of any kind, the quality of the water is affected. They can only give their product approval if the water comes out of the spout and into the glass.
We also liked the lack of wastewater and the gravity-fed nature of the system, which does not need electric power to operate. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall is very sustainable.
Our simple tests verified a pH of around 8.5, which is excellent to give this water all the health benefits of a Mineral pH water to the body. We tested different types and brands of water, with results very close to all the other results.
Keep it out of the sun. Even with the Silver to mitigate bacteria in the filter, keep it out of the sun. The silver is not suitable for fish, so keep your fish out of it. Both negatives did not deter the loyalty for the product shown by the people who use the Nikken PiMag Waterfall. We saw the same enthusiasm and devotion from only one other system we reviewed.
We did notice the warning to use with potable water and the straightforward statement of what his system does. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall is designed to be used with Municipal Tap Water, which has an array of disinfectants in the water
Our Nikken PiMag Waterfall review showed us it is one of the best, if not the best system we have reviewed to date. This is especially true if you live in a water district where the water is potable. Many may not have heard of the product, but here it is anyway. This product will move on to our head to head review with another system.
BHBM Rating (5 / 5)
Amazon Top Sellers
In this section, we normally like to give you the Amazon Top Sellers. We almost did not this time, because many on the list are really bad for water quality. But here is the list … buyer beware. Be informed.
- Certified filtration performance: This water filter is NSF 42 certified to reduce chlorine, taste and odor. And It is NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. Using multi-stage water filter technology, it can also reduce lead, arsenic, fluoride, and other impurities in water.
- Large capacity design: With a large 20-cup capacity, it can satisfy your whole family's different water needs. This water filter dispenser can still fit into most fridges, ensuring that more people can enjoy fresh and cool water.
- Safe and eco-friendly: Made of high-grade BPA-free plastic and contains both activated carbon and highly efficient ACF (activated carbon fiber) from Japan. You can rest assured that you will enjoy optimal performance in a safe and eco-friendly manner.
- Advanced tech with a smart reminder: This dispenser contains a smart LED light that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filter. Enjoy fresh water with advanced tech. It is recommended to replace the filter every 200 gallons or 2 months, whichever comes first.
- User-friendly design: The Waterdrop water filter dispenser has multiple user-friendly designs. Its push-and-pull design allows you to obtain clean water easily, the max water level line eliminates worries about leakage, and the anti-slip design promotes safety.
- LONGEST LASTING – 150 GALLONS – 4 TIMES MORE THAN OTHERS! The NAKII pitcher filter is created with high quality material that handle water contaminants on a higher level hardly comparable that's why it has a lifespan of 150 gallons 4 times more than most other brands
- ADVANCED FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY- HIGHEST RATE CHLORINE AND MERCURY REMOVAL! The Nakii filter is the first in the USA to use the newest innovation for water filtration, using Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF), ACF has large adsorptive capacity and features 98% of Chlorine, Mercury removal TO IMPROVE DRASTICALLY THE HEALTHINESS, Taste and odor in your water, the highest percentage rate in the market. It will reduce, lead, rust, sediment and suspended particles, eliminates unpleasant color and limescale
- CONSTANTLY TESTED AND CERTIFIED FOR ITS PERFORMANCE BY THE WQA! We are not just claiming filter performance, the Nakii filter pitcher is constantly being tested and certified by the WQA for its performance to meet the standard of NSF/ANSI, for High Quality Filtration, Life Span of 150 gallons and Fast Flow Rate 1.3 liter per minute.
- SUPREME FAST FILTRATION - SPACE SAVING DESIGN The ACF fast adsorption speed and Free flow design ensures extra fast and steady filtration, the nakii filter is tested for its flow rate by the WQA to ensure high filtration performance even with its fast flow, it sleek design make it suitable to fit right in you refrigerator door
- HEALTHY AND CERTIFIED COMPONENTS USED IN THE PITCHER AND FILTER- By providing a filter for healthier water we pay a lot of attention to the healthiness of the material used in the product, that's why we only use BPA FREE and approved material which will meet the standard of the NSF-372 tested and approved by the Water Quality Association
- High-quality food grade 304 stainless steel housing, Cracking-proof and no-leakage, durable and long life time;
- The most advanced Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology, inhibit bacterial growth, improve taste, and remove dirt, sand, rust, organics,ect.★NOT for reducing TDS★;
- Speedy water flow: 0.5GPM filtered water, 8 cups (8.5oz/cup) of clean water per minute, instant relief of thirsty ;
- ★ONLY suitable for standard faucet. Please study the PHOTOS to determine your faucet type before purchasing. ★ Easy installation, simple and quick, no extra tools needed. Maximum life: 320 gallons or 6 months (based on 8.5oz/cup,27 cups/day);
- If you need technique support or return, please contact us via the email on the packing box. (Replacement filters ASIN #B07DCMM68M or#B07DCN4HRK);
- The BPA-free Grand water pitcher with filter holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy-fill locking lid and is easy to pour; Height 10.16\"; Width 5.77\"; Length/Depth 11\"; Weight 2.48 pounds
- Brita is the water filter reducing chlorine (taste & odor), Mercury, Copper, Zinc and Cadmium; always get cleaner, filtered water with an electronic indicator that makes filter reminders effortless
- Compatible with Longlast and Standard water filters; for the freshest tasting water, replace your Longlast filter after 120 gallons or approximately every 6 months or Standard filter after 40 gallons or approximately every 2 months; 16.9 oz water;Based on IRI data;vs. tap
- 💧 【Premium materials】: Effectively Reduces 99% of harmful substances. The adoption of high-grade coconut shell activated carbon fiber improves odor and taste, ensures the water safety and delivers better drinking experience.
- 💧 【Versatile uses】: Use with water bags or connect to water bottles to filtrate water for drinking. Both ends of it can be disassembled and connected with water bags and water bottles to offer you clean drinking water anywhere, anytime.
- 💧 【Outdoor water needs】: Fulfill all your outdoor water demands: hiking, camping, domestic and international travel, emergency preparedness (tornadoes, rainstorms, earthquakes, floods, etc.) to meet the emergency water demand in a variety of situations.Each straw only weights 0.19 pounds, and each bag only weights 0.29 pounds.
- 💧 【Innovative super-wash design】: No need for the extra syringe to backwash. It eliminates cumbersome fittings and saves space, brings you pure water with the greatest convenience and comfort.
- 💧 【Smaller frame】: Smaller frame but bigger capacity, Waterdrop Filterstraw can provide safe drinking water up to 100,000 gallons. It is easy to absorb water and can quench your thirst instantly. Match with water bags or bottles for the ultimate drinking experience.
Last update on 2021-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API