Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review
In our Nikken Pimag Waterfall review, we found it just may be the best water to drink. What we found will probably surprise you.
The Nikken Pimag Waterfall is unique because it does not focus on just one particular attribute of the best water to drink. The Nikken Pimag Waterfall is designed to produce healthy water the body wants and can use right away. Nikken uses the term; Science Replicates Nature. So it would seem Nikken created the Nikken Pimag Waterfall to replicate more natural water like our ancestors drank.
If you read our article “What is Healthy Drinking Water?”, one of our definitions of healthy water was to find water which was as close as possible to the water our ancestors drank before the need for man to get involved with water distribution.
The Pi in Nikken PiMag Waterfall
Pi water, meaning ‘life’ water, was discovered in the 1970s. The observation of the effect of water led scientists to one particular Japanese valley where the water stream had a remarkable impact on the plants and trees in the area.
Nikken scientists set out to create a water filter to duplicate the conditions they found in that valley. Nikken wanted to provide water filtration to reduce and eliminate contaminants the same way nature does without adding chlorine or other chemicals.
They added mineral properties they found in the valley to the filter. Then they added a magnetic field to assist in reducing mineral buildup. This helps to condition the water.
Finally, the water sits in and flows around mineral stones to add minerals to help the body health. The resulting water was quickly called ‘Pi Water’ or Water of Life.
It should note we can not find any test certification on the Pi Material in the Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration, except for the claims for passing the NSF standards mentioned above.
[2020 UPDATE: The Nikken PiMag Waterfall has been independently certified by the Water Quality Association [WQA]. When it was, we posted a very long list of some terrifying chemicals which the filter cleaned. Since then, the filter did not change, but Nikken is now a member of the WQA, so we can not use the words “independently certified.”]
The PiMag Water Filtration System
Nikken uses some proprietary technology and media to produce healthy drinking water. The advanced filtration technology meets or exceeds filtered water NSF water standards:
- 42 [Aesthetics],
- 53 [Health],
- 372, [No Lead]
The filtration is natural without adding chemicals. We will discuss the filtration more a little later.
The system uses a ring magnet of 1,200 gausses to reduce sediment clumping and build up as it helps to condition the water without adding salt.
The PiMag Waterfall filter is a gravity-fed system of multiple filters. Those filters clean out a broad range of tap water contaminants. The filter employs a natural carbon which captures microscopic particles. The charcoal carbon works by absorption. With the high amount of surface area, charcoal carbon makes it an extremely efficient filter.
The water then flows over spheres of Pi ceramic material with the final stage a bed of mineral stones “based on the agitation/fumble filtration provided in naturally-clean streams.” source.
The ceramic in these filters also help to filter out pharmaceuticals which are showing up in water sources.
Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review – Fiction or Science?
We know this sounds like fiction you find in fairy tales, but the Nikken PiMag Waterfall has a lot of science to back up, so read on.
42 is called the Aesthetic Standard, mostly concerned with the smell and taste of the water. It does not deal with the health properties of water. Standard 42 is what you find in Refrigerators, and most Pitcher type filtering systems and is only concerned with making the water look and taste better. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration Exceeds this standard.
53 is called the Health standard. It is designed to filter out heavy metals, including arsenic, cadmium, copper, selenium, and many others. Standard 53 also will filter out inorganics such as fluoride, nitrate, and nitrite. It also targets VOC’s or Volatile Organic Compounds formed when chlorine combines with water. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration Exceeds this standard.
273 is low lead compliance, so crucial to human health and especially children. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall filtration Exceeds this standard.
If interested in more info on Lead, search the Internet using Flint and Lead.
Using just a basic pool or spa chlorine/acidity tester you can buy at most hardware or pool/spa supply stores, we found a consistent value around 8.5 pH. We tested all kinds of water from bottled water to tap water from different cities as the source water, and the results were very consistent. That pH value is very healthy.
The benefits of Minerals in Water:
- Weight loss or management – water contains no calories and is fat-free
- Improves bone health
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower LDL cholesterol
- Aid Digestion
- Maintain Muscle Performance
- Maintain Electrolyte Balance
- Reduce Kidney Stone Risk
- Better your skin
- Help break down waste materials in the body
- Help cleanse the body of toxins
Testimonials & Videos
No Nikken PiMag Water Review would be complete without the boring details and legal stuff.
Availability: the US and Canada
Weight: 6.6 lb or 3 kg
Fill tank: 1.32 gallons or 5 liters
Supply Tank: 1.45 gallons or 5.5 liters
Materials Used in Product: Recyclable polymer, Pi Material, mineral stones, ring magnet of 1,200 gauss
Filter Cartridge 90 Days or 900 liters (237 Gallons)
Flow Meter Battery Replacement: Use a CR2032 battery or equivalent
Warranty Information: One-year limited warranty
Disclaimers and Warnings
The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after use in this product. We recommend use with potable water only.
CAUTION: Use with cold water only. This product contains silver used to inhibit the growth of bacteria in the filter to prolong the life of the filter. Silver has low toxicity to humans but is highly toxic to fish and other aquatic life. This product is designed to reduce objectionable tastes, odors, colors, aesthetic chlorine, chloramines, VOCs and mercury from municipally treated tap water.
Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review | Thoughts and Summary
In our research, we heard some common themes of both pets and children preferring the PiMag Waterfall water to almost anything. Many parents told us how their children would ask for water more so than soda.
The Recyclable polymer is certified to be non-toxic, BPA, Phthalates, and Bisphenol free; which is very cool.
Nikken PiMag Waterfall Review – Finally, a water filter system with straightforward honesty what it filters. In our opinion, it builds a lot of trust and speaks about the company.
Another beautiful thing we see in this system is the intention to give this water the structure of natural water. Nikken wanted your body to recognize this as natural water. The Pi material, the mineral stones, and the magnetic field all represent the natural state of water flowing downstream.
This natural water effect could account for the stories of pets and children naturally preferring the PiMag water. Plants love the minerals in the water.
We asked Nikken if they ever planned to produce an under-counter model, and the answer was quick and assured, “No.” Why? Water is a solvent. If it sits in a tube of any kind, the quality of the water is affected. They can only give their product approval if the water comes out of the spout and into the glass.
We also liked the lack of wastewater and the gravity-fed nature of the system, which does not need electric power to operate. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall is very sustainable.
Our simple tests verified a pH of around 8.5, which is excellent to give this water all the health benefits of a Mineral pH water to the body. We tested different types and brands of water, with results very close to all the other results.
Keep it out of the sun. Even with the Silver to mitigate bacteria in the filter, keep it out of the sun. The silver is not suitable for fish, so keep your fish out of it. Both negatives did not deter the loyalty for the product shown by the people who use the Nikken PiMag Waterfall. We saw the same enthusiasm and devotion from only one other system we reviewed.
We did notice the warning to use with potable water and the straightforward statement of what his system does. The Nikken PiMag Waterfall is designed to be used with Municipal Tap Water, which has an array of disinfectants in the water
Our Nikken PiMag Waterfall review showed us it is one of the best, if not the best system we have reviewed to date. This is especially true if you live in a water district where the water is potable. Many may not have heard of the product, but here it is anyway. This product will move on to our head to head review with another system.
BHBM Rating (5 / 5)
Amazon Top Sellers
In this section, we normally like to give you the Amazon Top Sellers. We almost did not this time, because many on the list are really bad for water quality. But here is the list … buyer beware. Be informed.
- SPACE EFFICIENT: The BPA-Free UltraMax Water Dispenser holds 18 cups or 1.13 gallons of water which is great for families and fits neatly on countertops and refrigerator shelves.
- CLEANER AND GREAT TASTING: The Brita standard filter reduces chlorine (taste and odor), copper, mercury, zinc and cadmium impurities found in tap water for cleaner great tasting water for the whole family. Substances reduced may not be in all users' water
- FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: A helpful sticker indicator on the water dispenser lets you keep track of when you last changed your water filter and when it needs to be replaced. Replace Brita filters every 40 gallons or every 2 months
- EASY POUR: This large, 18 cup filtered water dispenser has a spigot that makes pouring easy
- REDUCE WASTE & SAVE: One Brita standard water filter can replace 300 standard 16 oz water bottles which saves you money and reduces plastic waste
- The BPA-free Everyday water pitcher with filter holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy-fill locking lid and is easy to pour; Height 10.47\"; Width 5.59\"; Length/Depth 10.94\"; Weight 2.29 pounds
- Brita is the number 1 water filter reducing chlorine (taste & odor), Mercury, Copper, Zinc and Cadmium; always get cleaner, filtered water with an electronic indicator that makes filter reminders effortless
- Compatible with Longlast and Standard water filters; for the freshest tasting water, replace your Longlast filter after 120 gallons or approximately every 6 months or Standard filter after 40 gallons or approximately every 2 months; *16.9 oz water;**Based on IRI data;***vs. tap
- FAUCET WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy cleaner, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR Faucet Mount Filter System. It’s easy to attach and includes a MineralClear filter that filters water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
- REDUCES LEAD AND 70+ CONTAMINANTS – This PUR drinking water faucet filtration system is certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including lead, mercury and certain pesticides. PUR Faucet Filtration systems reduce more contaminants than any other brand.
- EASY ONE CLICK ATTACHMENT – The faucet mounted water filter is easy to attach, and no tools are required. Compatible with most faucets, but will not work with pull-out or hand-held faucets.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – Genuine PUR Faucet mount water filters are certified to reduce lead and other harmful contaminants from your water. Compatible water filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same water quality.
- #1 SELLING BRAND IN FAUCET FILTRATION – Contaminants can enter your water system daily, so filtering your water is important. PUR has been developing innovative technologies for superior water filtration for over 30 years.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT: This Brita water filtration system attaches to your standard faucet making tap water cleaner and great-tasting. Filtration system is easy to install; no tools required. Height 8.25"; Width 2.38"; Length/Depth 6"; Weight 0.84 pounds
- REDUCES LEAD: Water filter system filters out 60 contaminants such as 99% lead, chlorine (taste and odor), benzene and asbestos contaminants that may be found in tap water. Substances reduced may not be in all users' water
- FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: For optimum performance, a helpful green and red light lets you know when your filter is working and when it needs to be replaced with a 1-click filter replacement. Replace your tap water filter every 4 months for the average family
- REDUCE WASTE & SAVE: 1 BPA free Brita faucet filter can provide up to 100 gallons of filtered tap water, replacing up to 750 standard 16 oz. plastic water bottles
- 3 SPRAY OPTIONS: Filtering made easy with an on and off filtering switch and 3 spray options: filtered water, unfiltered water, and unfiltered spray. Fits standard faucets only. Does not fit pull out and spray style faucets
- Award-winning LifeStraw water filter is a must-carry tool for hiking, camping, travel, and emergencies; no disaster kit is complete without it
- Filters up to 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters) of contaminated water without iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals; does not require batteries and has no moving parts
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites, and filters to 0.2 microns; surpasses EPA filter standards
- An alternative to iodine tablets and bulky purifiers, it weighs 2oz for ultralight portability, and has a high flow rate for drinking from the source
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing in a bugout bag or other prepper gear supply kit; measures 9 x 1 x 1 inches.BPA Free materials
Share Us With Your Friends
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API